Re: list_head debugging.

Dave Jones wrote:
The good news is that in his report, Ashley notes that its hitting him consistently.
Ashley, any chance you can try and isolate which driver is causing this, by moving
the relevant .ko files out of /lib/modules/2.6.16-1.2111_FC4/kernel/drivers (to say $HOME) and seeing when the problem 'goes away' ?

Personally I'm suspicious about the I2C stuff (w83627hf and friends).
Hmm, actually a 'chkconfig lm_sensors off' should suffice to stop them getting loaded.
Maybe try that first, and if that does the trick, turn it back on and try the
'move modules out of the way' trick I described above.

		Dave
   Okay, with lm_sensors shut off, the following modules are -not- loaded:

   w83627hf
   hwmon_vid
   hwmon
   eeprom
   i2c_isa

I'll let it sit for the next 24 hours and see what happens. If this is the cause of the problems, what can I do to regain functionality from lm_sensors?

   Thanks guys.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130