Re: High Speed Internet & FC5

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 18:38 -0700, Norm wrote:
wwp wrote:
Hello Ed,

On Mon, 29 May 2006 10:39:12 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LeBreton wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am French and I just arrived in California. I am using a FC5
distrib on my computer and I would like to get a High Speed Internet
connection like this proposed by AT&T with an External ADSL Ethernet
Modem.

But At&T claims that other distrib than Windows or Mac are not
supported for their DSL connection. :-(

Could I get some advices for the best solution for high speed
internet with FC5?

Piece O' cake. Get a $49 Linksys router (not the $39 -hub-) from WalMart, plug that into the external modem. Plug your linux box into the router. Follow the router install instructions, using a web browser on your linux machine to access the router and set up the addresses. It should connect and become one with the modem. Then you just use Network Mangler to make an ethernet connection ( not pppoe) to the router and you're there. You can add 3 more machines to this setup without a burp in the barrel.  - Ric