Re: localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11 ???

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 09:56 -0400, anthony baldwin wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:
The "audit" messages here don't include any denials and just indicate
that you have an old SELinux policy (probably not updated since
installing the OS).

Have you tried booting with the "irqpoll" option as the message
suggests?

I haven´t even the slightest idea what that entails or how it would be done, to tell the truth...

Fortunately Andy has explained how to boot with additional kernel
options in another post :-)

Would you suggest that I yum update SELinux, or something?

Although it's not the cause of this problem, updating it might prevent
you from falling over a bunch of other problems later. In fact it's a
good idea to keep everything updated if possible, as that will pull in
security and bugfix updates. Just do "yum update" on a regular basis.

I´ve kinda grown reluctant to do yum update...Maybe from past experiences with apt updates
breaking stuff...
I mean, I update single packages when it seems prudent or necessary, but overall... When stuff is working, I tend to leave it alone (why I was using FC3 for two years without an update
before installing FC5).
Then again, yum shouldn´t break stuff, should it...

Paul.

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233