Re: localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11 ???

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 20:26 -0400, anthony baldwin wrote:
> At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what can this mean?
>

> Message from syslogd@localhost at Fri May 26 20:20:21 2006 ...
> localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11
>

> I keep getting these popping up on my screen, only the IRQ # tends to vary.
> I´ve never seen this kind of behaviour before.

Perhaps stating the obvious - this is a symptom of an interrupt request
and/or kernel driver problem.  Running "tail -f /var/log/messages" in a
root shell console and checking the output after seeing the message, or
doing "dmesg" when it happens should give more info.  May be able to
change BIOS settings (such as PNP OS or IRQ assignments - depends on
BIOS), try an older/newer kernel (did it just start happening after an
update?), or change the slots for PCI cards (any recent hardware
changes?).

A google on "Message from syslogd kernel Disabling IRQ" (without the
quotes) will perhaps give some more ideas.

Phil