Re: AVI 's in Totem

Norm wrote:
I have run across a bit of a problem with Totem and running some avi's. Some run properly with no problem. Others give the following error
"Totem could not play 'file:///file name'.
You do not have a decoder installed to handle this file. You might need to install the necessary plugins."
As others can run this file  I assume the file itself is okay.

Install mplayer. Run it from the command line, "mplayer file.avi", it will tell you what codec you need to install.

Regards,

John