RE: fc5 hangs

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 10:04 -0700, David L wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> >Two days in a row my fc5 computer has frozen soon after I start using it in
> >the morning.
>
> It's 4 of 5 work days now that fc5 has hung on me first thing in the
> morning.
> Before today's hang, I had changed my desktop environment from KDE to
> GNOME and had changed the screensaver to blank-screen-only, so KDE
> and screensaves are not the problem.
>
> Evolution still seems like the common thread,

I've seen the same thing since I upgraded to the 2122 kernel on May 22,
and I too seem to have correlation to evolution (since that was the only
app active at the time).  It happened for the first time the evening
after upgrading the kernel (2.6.16-1.2122_FC5.x86_64) on this Athlon64
3000+/Abit AV8 motherboard.  It happened again the next morning (May
23), then again about an hour ago (May 24).  No trace of trouble is left
in the syslog. maillog, or Xlog.  I don't lose the display; the system
just hangs, unresponsive to mouse movement, button clicks, or keyboard
input.  The only recourse is a hard reset.

This has not happened with any previous version of FC5.

Jay