RE: fc5 hangs

[snip]

Two days in a row my fc5 computer has frozen soon after I start using it in the morning. The screen wakes up from screensaver mode when I move the mouse and I'm able to do a few things like change the viewport... then the screen goes blank and all I can see is the outline of the mouse pointer which is no longer responsive to mouse motion. The keyboard is unresponsive to control-alt-backspace and control-alt-delete and caps lock and num lock fail to change the keyboard lights. How do I attempt to identify the problem in a case like this? I think I might have clicked on an evolution send/receive button soon before both crashes, so my only guess right now is an evolution problem.

It's 4 of 5 work days now that fc5 has hung on me first thing in the morning.
Before today's hang, I had changed my desktop environment from KDE to
GNOME and had changed the screensaver to blank-screen-only, so KDE
and screensaves are not the problem.

Evolution still seems like the common thread, but I have no alternative way
to get email from my company's exchange server, so I can't really experiment
with not using evolution.  I had uptimes exceeding 180 days with fc3 before
upgrading to fc5.  Now my maximum uptime is 3 days (2 of which were
weekend days when I didn't use it).  If anybody has a practical
workaround for this problem, I'd appreciate it.  Or if anybody can suggest
a way to debug keyboard/mouse hangs, I can try to provide a more useful
description of the problem to the list.

Thanks...

         David