Re: Can't print after CUPS update this morning?

Henry Ritzlmayr wrote:
Same thing here.
Going back to cups-1.1.23-30.2 (and libs) enables printing again.

Am Donnerstag, den 18.05.2006, 09:17 -0400 schrieb Bob Goodwin:

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
Rpm won't permit me to remove and replace,  or perhaps I don't know how to tell it to do so?

If I use rpm -e it protests about dependencies, and --force only works on installs!

How do I undo the update?

My primary problem is that I can no longer get the cups admin page to run, it always responds "connection: close" after the login screen?  That may be a response to a wrong password, but if that's the case then the password has changed?  If that would work I might be able to re-create the printer configuration.  I'm beginning to think that it may be a Firefox related problem since I also have a problem opening the Webmin page?  All of this seems to have come about since this morning's update.

If all else fails I will re-install FC-5.  I'll wait until tomorrow in any case.

Bob Goodwin