Re: FC5 - Windows Emulator?

clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:
OK, mabe I have a short fuse,

Ya think?

but this afternoon I (finally) got fc5 installed
( I had problems with the CDs and only having a REBOOT button when I
tried earlier in the week).

BUT, first all the install screens have been simplified to the point that you
have little or no choice of what gets installed. No two levels like they used
to be.

That dead horse has been beaten on this list. Repeatedly. Please do not go down that path again. There is a great list archive. Use it.

AND THEN, when it comes up I can find NO WAY to bring up a TERMINAL
window.  Seems that should be #1 on some list but I cant find it at all.

Again, this has been covered. Search the archives of this list for the answer.

I finally gave up and tried to close it down, but of course you cant do that
either.  I could <CTL><ALT><BKSP> to kill X11 and get back to the login
screen, and there were two buttons there that looked much like windows,
and on windows would have let me shut down the system, but NO neither
of them would do anything. Finally had to power cycle to get out of this thing.

What are you talking about? Do you *seriously* think that everyone just pulls the plug to shut down? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, *you* are doing something wrong and it is not the terrible, horrible distro's fault?

If this is where Fedora is going, Im going to have to try Centos.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Seriously - you've "threatened" twice to bail on Fedora in the last two days. Believe me when I say that statements like that are not in any way going to somehow force some developer to make things work exactly as you think they should.

If you have a problem, instead of ranting, flaming, pissing and moaning, why don't you just ask "how is this done now?" Coming at the list with insults and threats is not the way to get things done. If you want to leave, fine. If you want help, that's fine too, but don't expect people to come out in droves to help because you are being obnoxious.

Don't lose sight of the fact that you didn't pay dick for Fedora - a ton of really talented folks have worked their asses off to give you a distro for free. That distro is, in general, really solid and incredibly full-featured. Quit being a jerk in return.

Cheers,
Thomas