Re: I had high hopes for FC5, damn...

Arthur Pemberton:
>> Very handy. Yet people say Linux is soo hard to install. :(

Kam Leo:
> It is when you are only familiar with pre-installed Windows OSs, have
> little or no command line experience, and then encounter media, drive
> (hardware recognition), and partitioning issues.

On the other hand, if you're familiar with Windows installation where
the media doesn't want to read in your hardware, the CD/DVD drive runs
dead slow outside of the Windows environment, the installation takes
hours instead of minutes, there's no real indication of what's going on
behind the scenes for you to try and work around a showstopper, you have
no drivers for some unidentifiable hardware, you appreciate how Linux
gives you a plethora of options, and that at least several of them
should work for you.

I have had some grief while installing Linux, but I've had a hell of a
lot of agony while installing Windows.

I read messages from the public lists.