Re: Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 5/5/06, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

The best that could happen is for FF/TB and Mozilla to work towards the
same code base.  There are good things in both.

Well in your case, you switched for what I might loosely consider to
be "unfair" reasons. Crashes in Mozilla. I suspect that these would be
less frequent and less critical if there was active work being done on
Mozilla .

I actually switched after trying Tab Mix Plus. It makes my productivity much better. The crashes in Mozilla, I feel were not Mozilla problems but one of the extensions that I used as it's maintainer even mentioned that the plugin was buggy. I had tried different extensions but never could get the right mix of options to make me happy. It is nothing against Mozilla, just the options in FF.

My choices were based on my experience. I had tried FF before but never happy due to the tab options. Now I am very happy. This is the benefit of choice. FF is not perfect as it has memory leak issues and yes it has crashed once or twice since I have installed it.

As I said, I think that all the development in FF could be used in Mozilla and vice versa. I am looking at the problem with memory leaking in FF and this plugin.

http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/

FWIW, my wife still uses Mozilla and I think that is great.

--
Robin Laing