Re: Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Kenneth Porter wrote:
On Saturday, April 29, 2006 12:20 AM -0400 Dan <grinnz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well the Mozilla Suite is becoming obsolete in favor of Seamonkey (which
is essentially the same thing, but more mainstream-intended, as Firefox
was to Mozilla originally).
For the basics:
Mozilla/Seamonkey loads faster (by a large margin).
Firefox is used by far more people and thus has far more support,
extensions, and themes, etc.
Mozilla/Seamonkey is an all-in-one browser/email/website composer package.
Firefox is simply a browser.

I ran across this recently:

<http://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Reasons>

The comments by Chris Thomas about Firefox development are particularly interesting.

Thanks for the link. I like the fact that it does not decide what is best for me as Firefox seems to. I would rather select where I want a file downloaded to. I use both a browser and email client so why not include them together. I occasionally need to edit html documents, why not keep this feature integrated in one package? The spell checker is great in the email client and of course multi threading for different email accounts is a highly desired feature. Seamonkey, Netscape and mozilla keep their user data in the same place, so switching between any of the apps works without needing a separate configuration step.

Jim

--
<tausq> Q. What's the difference between Batman and Bill Gates?
<tausq> A. When Batman fought the Penguin, he won.