Re: A FC6 suggestion.

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 14:32, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Now, one change that would help is the way duplicate labels are
handled. Right now, the last label found of the duplicates found is
used.

Not unless it has recently changed.  I've never been able to
boot a machine with duplicate root labels.
Well..I have. Not intentionally; I was direct-backing up (with dd) all but 1 of my data partitions onto another drive, so that included the volume labels. It still booted the correct partitions, until I used a kernel which no longer saw the correct partitions; then it tried to use the backup ones, didn't find the swap or the partition I didn't back up, and kernel panicked. I was confused for a bit until I figured out it what it was doing. But it did boot, with a duplicate root label.
-Dan