Re: A FC6 suggestion.

On 5/5/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My assumed scenario is that you move two disks with fedora
already installed into the same machine for any number of
reasons.  I move disks around all the time so the situation
is not at all unusual.  But if you need help imagining why
this would happen, assume that one of the computers breaks and
you want to salvage the contents of the disk by adding it
to your own PC.  Or you just want to re-format and re-use the
disk as an added filesystem.

Yes, you can work around the problem with quite a lot of
extra trouble, assuming you understand what the problem
is in the first place.  Now remind me why I want to have
this extra trouble in the first place.  Why should a machine
refuse to boot just because you add an extra drive?

I see now, 2 drives at the same time is key point. I agree with your
point, booting should be possible. Curious: why not just make the grub
configuration use device ID's instead of labels?

-Mauriat