Re: Linux for desktop

"sujit sugathan" <sujitsugathan2002@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi everyone,
> Everyone in the linux community is trying hard to make linux more user friendly and functional
> as a desktop version. I've tried many linux versions-- either in live cd format or bootable
> format --- and found many to be strict competitors to WindowsXP in the terms of
> functionality.The likes of Linspire and Mandriva are some of the common names which come to a
> user's mind when thinking about linux in a desktop version. But there's one distribution that
> beats all the rest in terms of multimedia features and user friendly interface and that is the
> not so well known  PCLinuXOS . I have tried this distro and  I have found it to be very user
> friendly. the multimedia tools that are bundled with it are more than anyone can ask for. So I
> ask everyone to give it a try and tell me what you think of the new version of the PCLinuxOS
> that's been released(I don't exactly remember the version name). I don't know about you all but
> I think I'll recommend this distro of Linux to any newbie to linux.
> Please do try it out and tell me about your experience.
>
> --
> sujit

I haven't tried other distributions for a while since Fedora has become
good enough and the difference between distributions has become
negligible.

However, new features to be introduced into Fedora are always
welcome. Maybe you can pick out some specific (good) features for the
developers to consider incorporating into Fedora.

The multimedia is not really an issue for Fedora. There are 3rd party
repositories for you to install almost anything.

--
Leon