Re: yum Extender

sujit sugathan:
>> The Yum Extender or yumex has realesed. download and install it from the
>> site address http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/
>> It features a lot more functions than yum and yes it  has a gui too!!!

David Timms:
> Have you tried pup (Update Software) and pirut (Add/Remove Programs) ?

I've tried whichever one of those was the default program for adding
things on FC5, and found that it seemed to have too many things for you
to play with (kyum is even worse).  I don't recall which it was, I've
been doing my FC5 experimenting on a friend's computer, mine are all
still FC4.

Yumex seems simpler to just pick and choose what you want, or find what
you need.  But it's slow to start, and the refreshing business after
each download and install is even more tedious.  I'd like to see that
improved upon.

I read messages from the public lists.