Linux for desktop

Hi everyone,
Everyone in the linux community is trying hard to make linux more user friendly and functional as a desktop version. I've tried many linux versions-- either in live cd format or bootable format --- and found many to be strict competitors to WindowsXP in the terms of functionality.The likes of Linspire and Mandriva are some of the common names which come to a user's mind when thinking about linux in a desktop version. But there's one distribution that beats all the rest in terms of multimedia features and user friendly interface and that is the not so well known  PCLinuXOS . I have tried this distro and  I have found it to be very user friendly. the multimedia tools that are bundled with it are more than anyone can ask for. So I ask everyone to give it a try and tell me what you think of the new version of the PCLinuxOS that's been released(I don't exactly remember the version name). I don't know about you all but I think I'll recommend this distro of Linux to any newbie to linux.
Please do try it out and tell me about your experience.

--
sujit