RE: memtest86+ ECC oddity

   A couple other questions. After some conversations here, it was suggested
that the memtest86+ program overrides the ECC checking. So that if the BIOS
has ECC enabled and memtest86+ is run with the default settings of ECC mode
disabled, the memory will not be tested as ECC memory. Likewise, if ECC mode
is disabled in the BIOS, but enabled in memtest86+ then the memory will
be tested as ECC despite the BIOS setting. If this is all true then I guess
I may have a bad chip of parity memory. My understanding was that the
ECC memory DIMMs had a extra chip for the parity memory so this could go
bad yet the memory itself could still be good.
                Jack