RE: memtest86+ ECC oddity

   Some other odd observations on this problem. Since I only see the
errors in memtest86+ when I have the ECC mode enabled in that program

Tst  Failing Address Good           Bad   Err-bits  Count
3    0003ff3f000     Uncorrected          006f      ECC

...I assumed that if I disabled ECC in the BIOS and reran memtest86+
with ECC disabled in it as well (the default) that the errors would
appear. However they don't show up. Does anyone understand what this
implies? The only thing that remotely makes sense to me is that the
bad bits must be in the parity memory itself and not in the normal
memory bits. Otherwise why would ECC mode in BIOS and memtest86+
report errors but not with ECC mode enabled in BIOS only or disabled
entirely? Thanks in advance for any hints on what we might be seeing.
             Jack