Re: [Fwd: Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users]

On Tue, May 02, 2006 08:51:47 AM -0500, Les Mikesell
(lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 08:25, Tim wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 06:55 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > Again no one is insisting anyone should do anything
> >
> > Well, actually the poster was.  They were trying to convince LUGs to do
> > something that they weren't doing.
>
> But what makes you insist that they weren't doing it because they
> didn't want to?  Perhaps they hadn't thought of it, didn't
> understand the need, or weren't aware of the legal requirements
> keeping FOSS from being considered for certain uses?

Exactly. These same points had already been mentioned in this thread
(followed by a "thanks Marco") as a positive outcome of my announce.

Thanks...

> > referred to in it (and the backscatter their postings produced),
> > and also see Mike McCarty's response (I think it was him, I'm
> > doing this by memory).  In short, if you think you're going to
> > help disabled people by telling them that you're going to help
> > them, and that you know better about how to help them, you're
> > going to get responses.
>
> Please quote where anyone said they knew better.

...and thanks again!

	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. -- Picasso