Re: [Fwd: Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users]

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 08:25, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 06:55 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Again no one is insisting anyone should do anything
>
> Well, actually the poster was.  They were trying to convince LUGs to do
> something that they weren't doing.

But what makes you insist that they weren't doing it because they
didn't want to?  Perhaps they hadn't thought of it, didn't
understand the need, or weren't aware of the legal requirements
keeping FOSS from being considered for certain uses?  Why is
this any worse for you than any other suggestion to do something
new?

> post, and the links that they referred to in it (and the backscatter
> their postings produced), and also see Mike McCarty's response (I think
> it was him, I'm doing this by memory).  In short, if you think you're
> going to help disabled people by telling them that you're going to help
> them, and that you know better about how to help them, you're going to
> get responses.

Please quote where anyone said they knew better.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx