Re: scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Paul ZHU wrote:
> I tested with many applications,but no one can activate IME.(under non
> zh_CN locale). I can use it under zh_CN.GB2312 as I said.
>
> The only difference between my home PC and my work PC is that I yum
> updated the system and then I followed the FC5 release instructions.
>
> on my work PC, I can't use yum to update, so I just followed the FC5
> instructions.
>
> how to check the difference ?I hope to solve this problem?

Did you try it with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 *not just* LANG=en_US?  Making
sure, of course, that you login fresh with the changes in LANG.

I just verified that if I have LANG=en_US in my ~/.bash_profile it will
act as you describe.  Further, in konsole I get LANG=en_US.UTF-8 in the
environment.  So, you may be seeing something misleading.

Ed