Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

M. Fioretti wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 16:38:13 PM -0500, Mike McCarty
(Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I didn't feel the need to post anything except in response to your
annoying message.

It's never too late to learn a minimum amount of good manners. Being

You seem to feel that I need to learn some. People get respect
by earning it. Spamming groups with off-topic stuff is not the
way to do that. Learn manners yourself, first. I already know
when the appropriate thing is to treat rudeness with abruptness.

good at programming doesn't grant an exception. And FOSS would be much
more palatable to many users if this simple fact wasn't ignored.

I'm not an advocate of nor a contributor to FOSS.

Now, with respect to your specific critiques:

I see. Your question was rhetorical. You didn't really
want to know why I disliked your message, you just
wanted to be able to argue against me. You weren't interested
in actually learning anything.

[snip]

Is being disabled mutually exclusive to being Italian? Is being
Italian a disability? Have non-US citizens no right to speak about a
worldwide problem, only because it showed first in USA? Disability and
FOSS have no citizenship, and I made both USA and Italian "names" in my
article.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

Apparently, being Marco Fioretti is a handicap.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.