Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

M. Fioretti wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 14:05:32 PM -0500, Mike McCarty
(Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

My reply was not intended to encourage you to post even more, it was
intended to discourage you from continuing. Apparently it failed to
achieve that goal. Perhaps the tone of this message will be more
pointed and better discourage you.

OK, what about this:

do you really feel the need to publically behave so disfunctionally

I didn't feel the need to post anything except in response to
your annoying message.

and spitting on other people efforts without bothering to explain why
or what you find wrong with them?

I didn't spit on anyone.

Do you feel it decent or satisfying?

I find you promoting your social agenda indecent.

May I discourage you from continuing on such a road, unless your goal
*is* to embarass yourself?

You may encourage or discourage anything you like, I suppose.

I am doing for free something which I believe is a good thing. The
least you could do is to follow public insults with (at least) public
explanation. If I *am* doing something wrong, please let me know.

(A) This is not the proper forum for pursuing social agenda.

(B) It is annoying to most handicapped people that non-handicapped
people think they need to help them get organized or accomplish things.
It's generally considered to be a patronizing attitude.

(C) I've encountered enough of this in my years with my girlfriend
that I find it pretty annoying, too.

(D) It's unnecessary to bring in political issues even on such a topic,
so why mention place names in the USA?

How would you feel if I offered to start an agenda for FOSS developers
to help support the Italians better?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.