Re: How to move/arrange partitions

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, gf durin wrote:

Dear all,
when I installed FC4 I made quite a mistake. I have 2 disks, one is old, and slow (hda), the other (hdb) is new, fast, and big. I had to remove the first disk, but I did not, so now the system is quite slow everytime it accesses the first disk (which means continuously).
My situation is now:

[...]

Now the question: is there a way to move everything from hda to hdb?
If it is too complicated, I will switch to FC5...

Switching to FC5 may not be that bad an idea, but for moving LVM partitions around, the LVM HOWTO (just google for it) has a pretty good set of instructions.

Thanks for your help
Gianfranco

--
		Matthew Saltzman