Re: Emails Bouncing - Please Help!!

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 21:23 -0400, Erik Hemdal wrote:
> > On Mon April 24 2006 15:59, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> > > I WAS gone for a week in Florida over spring break, could that
> > > be the reason?
> > > -Steven
> >
> > Did your mailbox at your ISP fill up? If you don't download
> > regularly, you can fill up a mailbox which will cause subsequent
> > mail to be bounced back to sender, which could invoke
> > subscription suspension on mail-lists.
> > --
> > Claude Jones
> > Bluemont, VA, USA
>
> If you have a POP3 account, which is what Bellsouth used back when I was
> down south, you can fill up a mailbox pretty readily, especially on this
> list.  To prevent this, you can usually suspend delivery for a while if you
> re-subscribe depending on the list.  Different mail list managers do things
> in their own ways.

Red Hat uses mailman - which allows you to suspend delivery, and lets
you suspend delivery for *all* redhat lists you are subscribed to at
once.

Another option is .Mac - at the beginning of this month, I went to
Disneyland for just over a week - and my .Mac account did not fill up (I
checked periodically so I could suspend delivery if it did).

gmail also has a lot of space, but they seem to do funny stuff with
headers that mess up threads sometimes - so I don't use it anymore. It
also did some funny stuff where messages I sent weren't in the thread.

.Mac, while not free, doesn't mess with stuff.