Re: FC5 - quick yum fix for java plugin?

Tim wrote:
Tim:
Makes me wonder if it's possible for one of us to fix it up to a working
condition, then hand the fix back to Sun, for them to distribute.

Paul Howarth:
My understanding is that that's been tried and Sun aren't interested.

Hmm, I can imagine a point of view being; make Fedora compliant to some
standard so they can release one Linux Java package to all Linux OSs, so
it can "just work".

That would be LSB, a request for enhancement has been with Sun since May
2002.
<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;:YfiG?bug_id=4680244>

--
imalone