Re: trouble installing FC5 - dont believe media check fail!

Tim wrote:

alan:
What I have never figured out is why these problems usually occur with
disc four.

Tim:
Wild guess:  By the time you've got around to using disc 4, the drive
has warmed up a bit, and the tolerances have changed enough due to
temperature changes.

Russell Golden:
that doesn't explain why disk 5 failed though

Well, it doesn't need to bugger up disc 5 as well, does it?  It's
already made your life difficult by screwing up disc 4.  ;-\

But being serious, I've always avoided spindle packs.  They seem to be
the dregs of the barrel.

spindle packs? i'm confused here... disks four and one were the only ones to pass...