Re: [OTs] free video hardware

Eugen Leitl wrote:
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 02:01:17PM +0200, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
Eugen Leitl wrote:
Have a look at nVidia 7600GS, which is still passively cooled and
will be available in a AGP configuration. (I'm buying one once they're
available).
Hi Eugen,

Thank you for answering my query. I will look into this one as well (assuming xorg supports the card).

AFAICS you posted this to my private email address. It is almost always better to send it to the list. So that other users with the same problem could benefit from it too.
Would you mind reposting? (and maybe quote only the part your answering).

Yes, the list receives enough clutter traffic already.
I disagree: the list has a general purpose. Your answers (and questions) are not superfluous and might well help other people in solving their problems or answering their questions. I answer you now through the public list as I find private answers not appropriate for public contents.
I think nvidias binary drivers already support it (it's compatible
with 7600GT), so it's only a question of time until livna
carries it.

Actually, I am looking for cards that have free driver support (see my original post).
Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)