Re: About "ata1: command....."

Hi,

Have you installed nVidia drivers?  Does your onboand LAN work without
problem?

no I've avoided the nVidia drivers since my system is only for numerical work
and did not want additional problems. The PCI ethernet seems to be working
fine although I have a nForce ethernet card and the driver for it is the
reverse-engineered  'forcedeth' module. At first I thought that was the culprit
for the freezes.

I'm now running a PCI NIC.  Whenever enabling the onboard LAN the PC
will freeze immediately.

The best thing to do is google it, maybe there is a work around, either on the
ACPI side, or on the driver side.

Good luck!
Filippos