Re: OT: ADSL safe practices and setting up a home network

Sorry to jump in this thread really late, but I always tell Qwest I am running
windoze. Their CD is not needed, and the service can be initiated using the
browser. I act dumb and tell them that the CD "does not work".

Basically, they ask you to run CMD on some "Run" -- I go and get a new xterm
and type out the command. Or they get you to open up Internet Explorer and i
open up firefox. They dont know the difference.

By the way, the CD contains PDF files which have the manual for the modem.
Which is accessible from linux in the usual way.

HTH.