Re: fedora and firefox + realplayer 10 smil streams @ 99%cpu

Carroll Grigsby wrote:
Skunk Worx wrote:
David Timms wrote:

Skunk Worx wrote:

David Timms wrote:
I am seeing this on many sites, many file types. Other stories on NPR do this as well. Always the situation where I am clicking on helper-application related content.

Now that I have RealPlayer 10 installed (and the requisite libstdc++-33), I notice that the hang occurs when retrieving the SMIL.

I do not have any real player installed, so that may be why I don't see what your seeing.

Once the SMIL is in downloads, I can open it every time, instantly.

:) is is worth a listen ?

No not really but I thought it was a decent test case :-) I'm guessing it could be my cheapo mobo based video (the "via", unichrome driver).

John:
It works for me, perhaps because RealPlayer isn't involved. When I clicked on the link, Firefox opened and invoked the MPlayer plugin. Got the short ad for some other NPR program followed by the story. top didn't show any unusual activity when I checked it.

It works fast once then goes to 99% CPU for 20-30 seconds on further attempts to download helper-application content.

It's something fragged in the .mozilla directory. Changing users or moving my .mozilla to something else, then allowing FF to regen, fixes it.

There's a lot of stuff in there, but for curiosity's sake I'll try sniffing for whatever borked FF.

---
John