Re: fedora and firefox + realplayer 10 smil streams @ 99%cpu

David Timms wrote:
Skunk Worx wrote:
David Timms wrote:
I am seeing this on many sites, many file types. Other stories on NPR do this as well. Always the situation where I am clicking on helper-application related content.

Now that I have RealPlayer 10 installed (and the requisite libstdc++-33), I notice that the hang occurs when retrieving the SMIL.
I do not have any real player installed, so that may be why I don't see what your seeing.

Once the SMIL is in downloads, I can open it every time, instantly.
:) is is worth a listen ?

No not really but I thought it was a decent test case :-) I'm guessing it could be my cheapo mobo based video (the "via", unichrome driver).

So far I have :

1) taken the SMIL file from tmp and pulled it up from localhost. Exact same thing happens.

2) There are two rtsp::// links in the SMIL, the first being an add. Remove it. Same thing happens.

3) Restore add, remove content. Same thing happens. Noticing that the first time though, it's maybe 5 seconds, after that every load is 20-30 seconds of firefox spinning 99% CPU.

4) put real.npr.org in hosts file and restore content w/o addvert. Same problem.

I think I will shove a spare video card in next to see if it's X driver related. Tomorrow...

---
John