Re: New thread, broadcom 802-11 related

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 18:53, Neil Cherry wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 08:02, Neil Cherry wrote:
[huge snippage]
[ditto]
	:
Progress of sorts Neil, I've managed to get it to talk to my local network by doing an ifconfig eth0 down & then cycleing wlan0 down then up. It can now ping all the machines on my local network. And while it can resolve a tracerouted address, the traceroute itself is blocked before it gets to my router.
[root@diablo ~]# traceroute -i wlan0 google.com
traceroute to google.com (64.233.167.99), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  * * *
	:
11  * * *
12  * * *
etc etc
and there is no traffic at the router after the dns lookup.
Shutting down iptables for a few seconds makes no diff.

Screw it for tonight. The routing table on the lappy isn't sensible either after all this by hand stuff but I don't think thats it when I can ping all the locals, and ATM I'm ssh -X into 'wireless' which is an alias for diablo that hits the wireless ports address, from this machine. The ethernet cable is unplugged and ssh is still working.

This machine has net acccess just fine, I was just reading /. for the night.

Let's take a look at /etc/resolv.conf and the results of the
route command (replace the first 3 octets of your ISP's address
with a.b.c.)

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site