yum and/or yumex package updateing?

Hi; a new feature suggestion?

Is there a way that yumex can be setup so that it doesn't update every
time I open it?  I would like to be able to use it, particularly yumex,
to look at what packages I have, what's available and what I might want
to remove.  Every time I flip in and out of those lists I don't need an
update.

I am not sure how to do this without losing the security of getting the
very latest updates?  Maybe a right or centre mouse click or a special
accelerator key?

Regards Bill