Re: Fedora Core 5 + WinXP Pro

Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

> What you should always do is give Fedora the first spot, no matter what.

I don't know what you mean by "first spot",
but your advice sounds like nonsense to me.

Assuming you want to dual-boot Windows and Linux,
it is wiser in my experience to give the first partition to Windows.

> You also need to ensure that you have a boot record in place that is
> "factory".. or what I call factory anyway.  This will make it easier for
> Grub to rewrite it.

That also sounds like nonsense to me.
I don't think grub cares what is on the MBR.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366