Re: CUPS - No form feed with Epson and FC5

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 11:43 -0700, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> I been working through FC5 upgrade issues and just noticed another.
>
> I have an Epson Photo R300 Printer.  I noticed that when
> I print the CUPS test page, or print from an application such as GNUMERIC
> or ABIWORD, the page doesn't eject from the printer when done.  The
> only way the page is ejected is I either turn the printer off then
> back on, or if I start another print job.  If I start another print
> job, the spacing for that next job is messed up.
>
> I did notice in properties for the print queue there is a setting for
> "Send a FF" which wasn't checked.  I tried selecting that, but it
> doesn't make any difference.
>
> If I print from within GIMP however, things appear to work normally.
>
> I didn't have a problem with FC4 - everything worked fine.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?  Should I enter a bug report?
>
> Thanks!

well, gerald, we meet again...

i filed a bug report here:
"[ 1466678 ] Epson Stylus Photo R300 fails to eject last page"
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=101537&aid=1466678&group_id=1537

someone started to help me, but then trailed off.  perhaps you could
reignite the fire.

--
Anthony

Website: http://messinet.com
Gallery: http://gallery.messinet.com/main.php?g2_itemId=34

GnuPG Key / Fingerprint:
0xB0014A4E / 8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E

Registered Linux User #389089 - Get counted!: http://counter.li.org