FC 5 on Toshiba Satellite A105-S2021 15.4" Widescreen: Cant get X to work

Hello,
I've been trying to get FC 5 to work on a Toshiba Satellite A105-S2021 15.4"
Widescreen.

During the installation, when I tried graphical install I got messed up screen
(colorful random lines going up and down the screen). So I tried text
installing and that works fine.

After install, I can't get X to work. system-config-display or startx gives me
the same problem described above. I also tried grabbing the latest kernel
(did a "yum -y update") and then downloaded and installed Livna's ATI driver
with "yum install kmod-fglrx", but that didn't work either.

I suspect this is because the laptop has a widescreen. From searching the
internet, I found that this info: "Graphics Chipset : Radeon Xpress 200M" for
the laptop.

So I am wondering if anyone has the same model of laptop, or if anyone can
offer help with what needs to be tweaked in the xorg.conf. Even if you use
older FC version, or similar toshiba laptop w/ widescreen, perhaps I can
steal the necessary tweak. I've googled but hasn't came up with anything.

Thank you in advance for any help.
RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja