Re: Will you recommend fedora to a newcomer?

Tim wrote:

(snip)

I don't really disagree.  I think things *can* be made easier, and
things have become easier.  Though I still think Windows can be quite
hard, and not user-friendly.  Things are fine when they work, but when
they don't you are left floundering.  Not to mention the ease that a
Windows box gets compromised.  It takes someone quite knowledgable to
avoid that with Windows, it tends to take the opposite with Linux (you
have to be able manually wreck your Linux system).

That is part of the reason I switched to linux. I got tired of re-installing ME every two days due to a virus, or something that I couldn't get removed. I am using that harddrive to try distros on, because linux seems to be able to actually format the whole drive. Imagine that!
~Lorin