Re: Where might the torrents be for FC5_AMD64, prefereably dvd iso's

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Please see subject line. I just wandered arounf the download site,
> finding the cd iso's for the 64 bit machines, but the only mention of
> torrent was a link to downloading it.
>
> Frankly that seems a bit counter-productive to me...

The torrents are on the site.  I don't know where you were when you saw
the reference to torrent that you mention, so I can't comment on that.
However, if you go to the main page for the project, you will see
exactly what you want.

- Under "Latest News" there is a heading that says "Fedora Core 5 Now
Available".  There's a link to torrent.fedoraproject.org shortly after that.

- Also on the main page, there is a link that is labeled "Download".  If
you follow that link, you will be on a page that contains the following:

  "Since the Red Hat FTP site can experience extremely high volume, you
   may have better success using BitTorrent or one of our mirror sites."

In this second case, if you click on "BitTorrent" you will be taken
where you want to go.

HTH

Debbie