Re: OT: ADSL safe practices and setting up a home network

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 16:08:41 +0100,
  Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Your choice entirely.  Encryption does work, and I also have checked that
> nothing is detectable outside my boundaries.  Then of course it can be tied
> to mac addresses.  It's perfectly possible to have the facility without risk.

You mean with acceptible risk.

Wifi encryption has problems, mac addresses are forgeable, traffic analysis
of wifi traffic leaks information, and better equipment can allow access from
outside of the area you tested.