Re: FC5 and fglrx_6_8_0-8.24.8-1.i386.rpm

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 19:22 -0400, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> You really should be using the livna drivers anyhow, IF you are going
> to be using one of the default kernels and not a custom kernel.  They
> are already tested and generally known to work.  For other reasons why
> I encourage you to read
>
> http://rpm.livna.org/livna-switcher.html

There's another blurb on a site I can't remember, but I'm sure someone
else can supply it, which went on in detail how the NVidia driver
mangles some of the files in X to suit itself, and only itself.  Rather
than configure X for NVidia (as the Livna RPM does).

For anybody with more than one graphic card, or who intends to use
another card at some time, that's going to be an important thing.

I read messages from the public lists.