Re: MP3 files in Linux how to play them?!!!!!

On 4/11/06, Ivan Evstegneev <bravo_elf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 12:32 -0400, yonas abraham wrote:
> Ivan Evstegneev wrote:
> >
> > Ok now I installed my livna repository and it works just fine.
> > There is one more question. How do I make the amarok play my mp3? cause
> > the rpm package that I installed it from was not contain an mp3 codec...
> > so where can I get some mp3 rpm for amarok?
> >
> > Ivan.
> >

> try to install the gstreamer-plugins-ugly from livna and amarok should
> play mp3 files.
>
> --
> Yonas Abraham, PhD
> Registered Linux user number 407343               http://counter.li.org

Ok now I can listen  my favorite music!!! Thanks.

P.S. How do you people know about all this packages?

You could just install a GUI top help you pick and install  packages from now on. I hear Yumex is good.

Is it by using "yum
search" command for some mp3 codecs? Or its just an experience? ;)

In my case it is experience, but as you might notice there are several ways to go about doing the same thing.