Re: Help: -- How to setup sendmail.mc and /etc/mail/authinfo for sbcglobal.net users??

Hi,

 Thanks a lot for replys from helpful people here. But
I still have problems for my sendmail 8.13.6 on Fedora
Core 4.

 I followed the instructions at
http://efflandt.freeshell.org/sbc-smtp-auth.html, but
"make -C /etc/mail" fails and sendmail.cf does not
know how to use my authentication info.

 My /etc/mail/autoinfo file is:

[root@testnode01 mail]# cat /etc/mail/authinfo
AuthInfo:smtp.sbc.mail.yahoo4.akadns.net "U:root"
"I:myUserID@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" "P:myPasswd"
[root@testnode01 mail]#

 The following are the results:

[root@testnode01 mail]# make -C /etc/mail
make: Entering directory `/etc/mail'
sendmail.mc:50: m4: Cannot open
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/feature/authinfo hash -o
/etc/mail/authinfo.m4: No such file or directory
make: Leaving directory `/etc/mail'
[root@testnode01 mail]# make -C /etc/mail
make: Entering directory `/etc/mail'
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make: Leaving directory `/etc/mail'
[root@testnode01 mail]# /etc/init.d/sendmail restart
Shutting down sendmail:
    [  OK  ]
Shutting down sm-client:
    [  OK  ]
Starting sendmail:
    [  OK  ]
Starting sm-client:
    [  OK  ]
[root@testnode01 mail]# cat /var/tmp/mail.txt |
/usr/lib/sendmail -Am -vvv -t
myUserID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Connecting to
smtp.sbc.mail.yahoo4.akadns.net. via rela
y...
220 smtp103.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com ESMTP
>>> EHLO testnode01.example.com
250-smtp103.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XYMCOOKIE
250-PIPELINING
250 8BITMIME
>>> MAIL From:<root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
530 authentication required - for help go to
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/d
sl/mail/pop/pop-11.html
/root/dead.letter... Saved message in
/root/dead.letter
Closing connection to smtp.sbc.mail.yahoo4.akadns.net.
>>> QUIT
[root@testnode01 mail]#