Re: I can't resolve from the command line but I can from a browser.

Andrew wrote:
This makes no sense to me. I can go to www.yahoo.com in a browser but I can't ping yahoo.com and nothing on my network blocks pings or yahoo.com. I also can't ping local hosts in my hosts list but I can ping their ip address. This is a fedora core 5 install and everything was working fine untill i ran yum update. Something else thats odd, ping does not say that it has failed or can't connect, it just hangs untill I break it. I also tried putting a nfs entry in my fstab and that wont mount either (it uses a host name instead of a ip address).

Here is my resolv.conf
------
search sondermuell

This (above) looks a little weird, I have this:

search uucp comcast.net ewndsr01.nj.comcast.net
domain uucp

Note: I have my own local DNS (tinydns) handling .uucp and I
don't share that with the outside world. Everything else
is handled by Comcast, my ISP.

nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 216.231.41.2
nameserver 66.93.87.2