[Fwd: Re: Fedora Foundation]

--- Begin Message ---
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 13:31 -0500, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > Not all of the board needs to read all the comments and its not hard to
> > > follow a single thread even in a high traffic list. I can summarize and
> > > followup with the board on important questions if needed. If you have a
> > > better idea for getting feedback, we can take in that suggestion too.
> > > The floor is open.
> > >

> > > Rahul
> > It seems to me you need a separate list just for this purpose.
>
> You say this here but later conclude the separate lists diffuses
> communication.
That is not exactly what I said. At least that is not I meant. If this
Fedora Project Board is supposed to represent the community then
comments generally designed to share a comment about what the Fedora
Project is doing could be found on a list for that purpose not scattered
over multiple lists among people who want to know how to double boot Win
XP  with Fedora.

If the Fedora Project Board decides to make a decision there should be a
list where this decision is announced and could be commented on. Maybe
fedora-announce is the list that should be used.

I am sorry but as it stands now the community becomes aware of important
decisions and when we comment on the Fedora-list it gets lost in the
noise of the list which has to cover questions on everything from FC1->
FC5. And we get one of two responses from you:
1. That is the way it is and you have to live with it.
2. If you were interested you should have been reading fedora-x list
where fedora-x list varyies with the topic.

Look if the Fedora Board wants make decisions we can't stop them but if
they are representing us the Fedora Community then we should know of the
upcoming decision before it is made and be able to make comments and
have our comments taken in to account.

As I told you before you have been turned into a Fedora Project
apologist which is a wast of your time. We are all busy, but if you want
our opinion ask for it and listen to the answers. Currently that is not
what you are doing.

> >  You
> > filtering comments to members of the Board seems inadequate in my
> > view.
>
> Why not? I didnt hear much comments at all. I can point the entire
> thread to everyone involved if that helps better.
>

> > Previously , in the face of complaints you told me I was on the
> > wrong list.
>
> Yes. Users talking among themselves arent going to reach developers.
>

> >  Recently I happened to look at the number of fedora
> > lists and they are many.
>
> Yes. There are different sub projects. Not something unique about
> Fedora.
>

> >  This diffuse channel for information
> > transmittal between the community and the board seems inefficient
> > and not conducive to communication.
>
> I dont see any problems but if you do, do you have any solutions?
>

> Rahul

--- End Message ---