Re: FC5 fails to boot after install

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 03:56 +0200, dpeck wrote:
> here is the problem...after finishing the Installation, i reboot then
> Windows XP boots up like normal instead of grub.  so i went into BIOS
> changed boot priority to :
>
> 1. [CDROM]
> 2. [HDD-1]
> 3. [HDD-0]
>
> then all i get is a bash line:
> GRUB>_

I wonder if you have one of those annoying motherboards that changes the
boot priority by rearranging the way it counts the drives (e.g. hda
becomes hdc), rather than just picking which drive it tries to load the
bootsector from.

I've an ABit board that does that with the second set of UDMA IDE ports.
You rearrange the order of the drives, and it boots the one at the top
of the list.

I read messages from the public lists.