RE: FC5 fails to boot after install

Not sure whether its the same issue that you guys have but on the 3 different systems I've installed fc5 on, 2 scsi and 1 fibre channel, I've had to rebuild the ramdisk image and insert a sleep in the init script before volume manager is run?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: "ewald" <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 29/05/06 14:13
Subject: Re: FC5 fails to boot after install

After reading the posts in this thread, I come to the conclusion that the community is not in unison about what really caused the initial problem being the "Grub_ event" after booting.

I had a similar experience installing fc5 on a machine with a W2k OS already installed. The Linux system was installed to a separate harddrive (IDE-1, the Windows System being on IDE-0)

My fix to the problem was very easy though: I installed SuSe 10.1 which worked just fine. I have a dual boot system now only I don't k

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and confidential use
of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient then you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received  this communication in error, please notify Brendata immediately on:

+44 (0)1268 466100, or email 'technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Brendata (UK) Ltd
Nevendon Hall, Nevendon Road, Basildon, Essex. SS13 1BX  UK
Registered Office as above. Registered in England No. 2764339

See our current vacancies at www.brendata.co.uk