Re: FC5 breaks Accelrys InsightII

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 08:52 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Applications which were binary compatible in Windows 3.1 and still
> work in Windows Server 2003 can't be expected to run in the next
> kernel revision.  That's completely obvious and expected.

While I, too, deplore the idea that applications won't work across
different releases, it's been my experience that Windows suffers from
that as well.  And the extreme example of trying to use Windows 3.1
software on anything later than Windows 3.11 usually lands you with some
incredibly hideous to use software, if it works at all.

I read messages from the public lists.