Re: dual booting XP and Linux

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 19:38 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Washington, CJ (OCTO) wrote:

I found it easier to let the WinXP boot manager chain load GRUB
than the other way 'round. MicroSoft products like to be in
charge. While GRUB+Linux is not a good match, it is a reasonable
match, and works pretty well, whereas GRUB+WinXP is a poor match,
and the WinXP boot manager is a pretty reasonable tool.

That's nonsense.

How can *you* know better than *I* what was easier
for *me*?

Millions of people are using to grub to boot Linux and/or Windows.
It works perfectly well.

I never said otherwise.

[rest of crap cut]

I have a machine which, if one overwrites the MBR, goes into
"recovery mode" and tries to reinstate WinXP as the boot.

You don't know *everything* in the world, do you.

So <insert your own favorite expletive here> off.

Mike
--

Why are you so violent in your responses. Yoiu took the remarks out of
context.

What context is there in which being told what one has said
is "nonsense" would not be expected to evoke a negative response?
In what way is it unreasonable to be angry when one it told
that it is nonsense that one's machine behaves in a certain way,
by someone who obviously doesn't know what he's talking about?

How about if told you that your question was nonsense?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.